Take the journey throughout this 5,500 sq. ft. piece of history. An exquisite contrast of modern amenities and beautifully preserved Spanish colonial architecture dating back to the 1600s.
As you come in by the “zaguán”, you will be entering through the first of three “historic rooms” so designated by the Institute of Culture of Puerto Rico. The historical integrity of the property is evident in the architectural portholes known as "ojos de buey" – a type of cut-out window used to provide cross ventilation. Above the remaining original wooden doors, you can appreciate the semicircle shaped fanlight windows known as "soles truncos".
First Floor: 16’ ft. ceilings make the already impressive first floor seem even grander. A lush interior courtyard patio serves as the unifying element providing natural light and cross ventilation, although all rooms are equipped with air conditioning. Formal living and dining rooms. Family room with built in storage and a half bath. Guest room with a full bath. Comfortable and private home office. Additional office or multipurpose room.
Second Floor: An elegant wooden balcony hangs above the courtyard and serves as an outdoor space. Master suite with spacious ensuite bathroom, sitting area with a large skylight and a private rooftop terrace. Three additional bedrooms each with private bathroom.
Third Floor: Array of solar panels.
- Two (13.5 kWh) Tesla Powerwall 2.0 batteries
- 7.015 KW solar system that covers approximately 90% of the property's energy requirements. (23 solar panels)
- Subterranean water cistern (aljibe) with a 12,000-gallon approx. capacity
- Reverse osmosis water purifier.
- Two electric water heaters and one gas water heater.
- Total GLA: 5,500 sq. ft. / 226 sm lot.
- 4,000 sq. ft. of interior living space + 1,500 sq. ft. exterior (semi-covered courtyard and rooftop terrace).
- Zoning: C-3 - The property is currently being used as a single-family residence, but zonification allows for various uses such as a multi-tenant apartment building, a historic guest house or operated as a mixed-use commercial-residential property.
- Property Taxes: The property is certified by the Puerto Rico Institute of Culture for having maintained historical integrity and is exonerated from paying property tax fees and rental capital gains until 2026. The certification is renewable.
- Historical Notes: The property was once home to Juan Tizol, famous Puertorrican Jazz composer who wrote music showcased by Duke Ellington, Nat King Cole, Ella Fitzgerald, and many other world-renowned musicians. The property was also used as a music school.
Courtesy of: PUERTO RICO PROPERTIES 101 All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale. Availability of any listing should always be independently verified. Listing information is provided by My Florida Regional MLS DBA Stellar MLS for consumer personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase. All other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law. Updated: 5th February, 2023 1:01 AM (UTC)
No featured listings found
Unfortunately, we don't have any featured listings at the moment.
To afford or not to afford? Check out our user-friendly mortgage calculator to see how much your estimated payment amount can be.
54 Realty - Lakeland317 W. Highland Dr. Suite 103Lakeland, FL 33813